- Hold a valid academic degree, Bachelor or Master’s level or equivalent.
- Be fluent written and spoken English
- Professional Experience in the field of study is a plus.
To apply for the Programme, candidates must submit a complete application file, containing the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Curriculum vitae (in English) with a portrait photograph (headshot)
- Copy of passport or ID (personal details page)
- Copy of the relevant academic diploma (latest one)
- Transcript of records (if available)
- Copy of certificates or other evidence of past and present professional positions
- Letter of motivation in English
Please do not send original documents or certificates.
Any documents that are not in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish must be accompanied by a certified translation.
There is no application fee.
The application form can be downloaded here and sent back to our office per email or postal mail.
We prefer to receive documents via e-mail. If you choose postal mail, please do not staple or bind the pages of your application.
Please submit your application file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by postal mail to our address:
Master of Advanced Studies in European and International Governance (MEIG Programme)
Centre d’études juridiques européennes
Université de Genève
40, Bd du Pont d’Arve
CH-1211 Geneva 4
For the 2020-2021 Programme, the deadlines for application are 30 November 2019 (first deadline), 15 January 2020 (second deadline) and 1 March 2020 (last deadline).
Applicants will be recruited until the limited places in the MEIG programme are distributed and considering the date of arrival of the MEIG candidate application form.
After sending the application, candidates are evaluated and selected by the Programme directors on the basis of the submitted documents. The Executive Committee of the programme may at any time require applicants to provide further information, in addition to the documents submitted as part of the application. An interview may supplement the admission procedure. Incomplete applications are not taken into consideration.
The candidates are officially admitted to the programme and enrolled as students at the University of Geneva (binding registration) upon the payment of CHF 3,000 within the deadline set in the Admission letter.
The amount of CHF 3,000 is deducted from the total tuition fees (CHF 25,000) which must be paid either in full or in two installments.